Islamic Center of Scranton  About Us

As a gift to the Muslim community of Scranton, the University established a mosque on the campus in 1996. Located on N. Webster Avenue, it was the first mosque in Scranton. It was demolished eleven years later to make room for the construction of Condron Hall. In 2007, the University renovated the house at 306 Taylor Avenue for use as the new mosque. This mosque  continues to be open to the public for prayer and reflection. In May of 2015, the Islamic Center of Scranton was opened. This new space, located on 1509 West Pass Ave., allows more worship space for the ever growing Scranton Muslim community. The Islamic Center of Scranton welcomes folks from all walks of life.